Our business team provides reliable, shrewd, accurate advice for clients making important business decisions in the modern world.
I have been extremely impressed in all of my dealings with Cavell Leitch. The business team are true specialists in their field and display a blend of expertise, outstanding service and personal warmth that is rare in most lawyers. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.
Some of our recent projects have included:
Advising around the creation of an on-line casino.
Franchising a nationwide food retail business.
Providing framework and lending advice around restructuring a multi-million dollar family investment portfolio.
Providing IP and ideal structure advice around a new retail business.
Advising on and implementing a $35M office building loan
Advising a bank on establishing a $10M car rental business facility
Mortgagee sales of a $4M Central Otago farm and $25M South Island commercial property portfolio
Creating security over multimillion dollar pleasure boat and then (sadly) enforcing sale for receiver
PPSR security over significant livestock including racehorses for bank client
Resolving a difficult minority shareholder situation that had completely hamstrung the business operations.
Joint Venture between two of Canterbury's largest building companies produce factory-built homes in big numbers.
- Directors and personal guarantees – managing personal exposure
- Directors Duties - comply or perish!
- Unfair contract terms in business to business contracts
- Moving to a Retirement village – are you ready for the move?
- New information required when money is deposited with Cavell Leitch
- Keeping on top of anti-money laundering and countering financing of terrorism obligations
- Changes to Anti-Money Laundering legislation
- Key issues facing our sports broadcast rights market
- Shop Trading Hours Amendment Bill – Adding to the confusion?
- Directors must perform their duties properly or face potential liability
- Match-Fixing and Corruption in Sport and Sponsorship Agreements - Protecting your commercial position
- TPPA - Extension of copyright protection period in New Zealand - Impact on businesses and creatives
- Fighting organised crime and money laundering
- Incorporated Societies
- Limited Partnerships
- Software Licence Agreements
- Insight into the Financial Markets Conducts Act 2013
- Establishing a business in New Zealand
- Unfair contracts
- Are you an American living in NZ?
- Responsible Lending Code overview
- No more fibs - businesses must be able to back up claims
- Too good to be true? Godfrey Hirst v Cavalier Bremworth
- Timely reminder of directors’ duties
- First Peer to Peer lending licence issued
- Equity crowd funding is about to take off in NZ
- Anti-Money Laundering – critical compliance date looms
- Important changes to the Companies Act
- Start-up businesses to have better access to investors
- Electronic contracts - when has an Agreement been reached?
- Be aware of imminent changes to our trading laws
- Employee Share Schemes under the new Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013
- Business Structures
- Disputes and Deadlock between Shareholders
- New Authorised Financial Advisers Code
- Buying a property at a mortgagee sale
- Care needed when goods held by another business
- Franchise Agreements
- Directors Duties
- Law Society calls for greater clarity in credit overhaul View More...