We take complex rural legal issues and simplify them into plain english and work with our clients to provide sensible solutions.
The rural sector provides the backbone to our country’s economy and Cavell Leitch is renowned as a leading advisor to agribusiness, farmers, farm workers and rural families.
Working in rural New Zealand produces its own set of challenges that our team truly understands. Many of our team come from a farming background and we are regularly on farm with our clients and genuinely have the knowledge and skills to assist them with their rural law requirements.
We have a broad range of rural clients, from large corporates to family farmers and operate across the full spectrum of farming including dairying, sheep and beef, cropping, horticulture and viticulture, forestry and the high country.
Our clients face a myriad of different legal issues that crisscross over a number of areas of legal expertise. For that reason, we have an experienced team of lawyers spanning our firm's eight specialist teams, completely familiar with the issues facing our rural clients and corporate farming and are ready to assist.
Including advising on the following:
- Agribusiness - Providing specialist advice to rural sector businesses
- Rural property - buying, selling, refinancing and subdividing rural properties.
- Employment - dealing with the special challenges around farm workers and other rural clients
- Farm succession planning - helping clients face the challenges of future family ownership needs.
- Farm resource management - ensuring our rural clients have the rights to use their land as they need
- Farm divorces and separations - dealing sensitively with relationship breakups and the significant risks these can bring
- Employment of migrant farm workers - helping ensure a reliable supply of quality workers for your rural business
For more detailed information on any one of these areas, click on an area of Rural law expertise on the right.
Rural Law Expertise:
- Rural Newsletter - Autumn 2018