New Zealand Immigration Update: October 2018
Application fees for New Zealand visas are set to rise dramatically, on 5 November 2018. These changes were made following a period of public consultation.
The confirmed fee increases
MBIE has now confirmed the following changes to visa application fees:
- Removing the discount for online applications.
- 54% increase across most work visa categories.
- 43% increase to immigration levies.
- 10% increase to visitor visas and most residence visas.
- 1% decrease for skilled migrant residence visas.
- 20% increase to employer accreditation initial and subsequent applications.
- 6.5% fee reduction for student visas.
A full link to the new fee schedule can be found here.
Who will be impacted?
- Individuals looking to apply for work or residence visas;
- Employers hoping to support employees in securing work or residence visas; and
- Employers planning to submit first time accreditation or renewal applications.
We encourage employers to carry out an ‘immigration stock-take’. If you have employees who are looking to renew their work visas or apply for residence, we would encourage them to get these applications in before 5 November 2018.
Get in touch with one of our experts today.
Copyright © Cavell Leitch. All rights reserved. Redistribution is only permitted with express written permission. For enquiries please contact us. This article by its nature cannot be comprehensive and cannot be relied on by clients as advice. It is provided to assist clients to identify legal issues on which they should seek legal advice. Please consult the professional staff of Cavell Leitch for advice specific to your situation.